Saturday 7 November 2009

Prediction written on Berlin Wall, 1988

Berlin Wall, 1988, photo by Isabella Lychowski I was on my way to Poland in 1988 and took this photo of the Berlin Wall only because there I saw an intriguing phrase I couldn´t understand, except for two words: mury (standing for wall) and runą (standing for ruin). Cool!

A mury runą i pogrzebią stary świat

Back to Brazil I managed to have the phrase translated.

The walls will fall and will bury the old world

Great, sounded like a prediction and actually it was. The wall indeed fell in 1989! And here is photo to celebrate 20 years of The Berlin Wall Fall.

More about the phrase
The walls will fall and will bury the old world appears on the protest song Mury (Walls) written by Polish singer Jacek Kaczmarski in 1978. The lyrics for Mury, though written by Kaczmarski in 1978, adapted the music for the song L'Estaca by the Catalan singer Lluís Llach in 1968.



No comments: